March 24, 2008

WAVA...revisited


I realized this morning while we were working on math that I hadn't talked about school in a while. Can you believe that? A homeschooling blogger that doesn't mention schoolwork! I know!
We are still doing WAVA and I'm finally getting the hang of it. I think we are going to enroll both girls in it again next year as part time students. They'll both do math, science, history and Regan will do language arts. I am having Devon do her language arts through Ambleside Online. I will start Regan with AO when she's in the second grade. At least thats the plan for now.
I was hoping to enroll Ryan in Kindergarten next year but the cut off date for enrollment is Sept 1st. His birthday is the 19th. He's been doing all of Regans work with her this year so I might just have to start him the year after next and have him tested for first grade. *sigh* I don't know.
Devon has been doing great. She has finished two of her WAVA classes for the year and is almost done with another. She is really enjoying chess club and is thinking about starting tennis lessons. I'm looking for more ways to improve her writing skills. She is having a hard time figuring out how to get her thoughts and ideas onto paper in the way she wants them. At least that's what I think she trying to tell me.

No comments: