May 30, 2009

May 30, 2009

Last week was the Zoo Trip for Regans class. Everyone took their own cars and met at the entrance at 9:40. Or at least they were supposed to meet then. About half of the group was late.

The first thing we did was go to a shark class that Mrs. Bol had scheduled for us. The kids learned about shark anatomy, how they live and even got to touch a shark skin! Kids under four weren't allowed in the class so I took Payton to the kid Zone while Julianna stayed with the older three.
When the shark class ended everyone kind of went there own way (some traveled around in small groups) with the idea to meet for lunch. The middle of the zoo has this big grassy area with a hill at one end and picnic tables along the edges. Payton spent most of out lunch time climbing to the top of the hill and rolling down. Man! I wish I'd taken the camcorder for that. She was hilarious!
Around 1:30 Payton decided she'd had enough and proceeded to have a MAJOR meltdown!! Too much excitement and no nap makes for crabby babies! I took her back to the van for her nap.
Aside from Payton falling apart, I think it was one of our more successful trips o the zoo. The weather was gorgeous, I packed plenty of snacks and everyone was in a good mood. It kinda makes me want to do it again. Kinda.

No comments: