June 24, 2009

June 24, 2009

This summer I am doing a 'summer school' of sorts with Regan and Ryan. I picked up a dozen workbooks from the dollar store (2 each of six workbooks) covering addition/subtraction, phonics, time/money, counting from 1-100, word families and sight words. I made packets for them with each packet containing one page from each of the workbooks. I think I was able to make about 15 packets. I also picked up a few creative writing books with story starters and other ideas to get kids writing. I'm thinking it'll take us about an hour each day to get our workbook work done.

I have a variety of activities and crafts planned out for each of our days. I actually made a list of everything I could think of for us to do this summer. From hiking and making day trips to riding bikes and blowing bubbles. While I was at the dollar store picking up the workbooks I also picked up some extra stuff to stock my boredom box. Stickers, water balloons, sidewalk chalk, etc. Perfect things for those days the kids are starting to get bored and irritable.
If you have any ideas on crafts or activities for kids to do please leave a comment and let me know. I'm always on the lookout for new things to try.




No comments: