July 25, 2009

This morning I was checking my email and found a friends request from facebook. It was from my Dad!
~
I accepted him and wrote a little note to him asking how he was doing since I hadn't spoken to him in a few weeks. He called me up and we chatted for a while. Every time I talk to him I feel a little homesick for Orland. I think the last time we were down there and saw my Dad was when I was pregnant with Ryan. I think I'm going to start planning for us to head down their this Spring.
~
He sent me this picture of him and a salmon he caught last Fall. It weighed about 41 lbs. He almost caught another one after it that weighed a little over 50 but it ended up getting away.
~
He was telling me a story about how he was painting the exterior of an Episcopal church and the Pastor came out to chat with him. The Pastor said "Hi, I'm Jim and I'm a fisher of men." My Dad said, "I'm Mike and I'm a fisher of fish."
~
So my Dad took him fishing.
~
That's pretty much what I've been praying for. That someone would reach out to my Dad with his interests (fishing) and minister to him.

No comments: