August 1, 2009

This is our ferret, Stuart. More commonly referred to as Stuey. He joined our family months ago and I just realized I have never done a post on him. Shame on me!
~
So here he is. Michael had been wanting to get a ferret for years but I was all "A giant rat? In our house? On purpose? No thank you!" But then he went and got hurt and I needed him to have something to occupy his time. So Stuey joined our family!
~
The first month I didn't really touch him and really didn't like all the ferret smells. They have a really musky scent. We bought a ferret spray that helps him smell like baby powder instead of stink but it doesn't cover all the smell.
~
But now I'm used to the smell and play with him all the time. He is SO cute. And cuddly too! Whenever I hold his he climbs up into my hair and nuzzles my neck.
~
I was also a little worried about how he would do with Payton. Would he bite her or scratch her up? As you can see from the following picture he is a really fierce animal!
I'm really glad he have Stuey. He is definitely one of the favorite pets we've ever had.

No comments: