January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

Last month Devon went to her first High School dance. Michael and I had small heart attacks over the fact that she was old enough to go to H.S. dances but once we were sufficiently recovered we went about helping her get ready. I took her shopping for shoes and a dress. Michael bought her mace and taught her some self defence.
~
She was originally going to the dance with one of her friends from the swim team but about a week before the dance Dana found out she couldn't go. So Devon asked me if she could go with a boy. A boy!! Can you believe that?! My first reaction was ABSOLUTELY NOT but we talked about it and agreed she could go with him.
~
The day of the dance we had Danyelle come over and they both helped each other get ready. I think they spent three or four hours doing make up and hair. Which is funny since Devon had her hair done by Kristy and the only makeup she's allowed to wear is mascara and eyeliner.
~
I dropped the girls off around 8:30 and picked them up at 11:30. Devon said she had a great time with Anthony (they danced twice!) and hanging out with her cousins. (Both Mariah and Danyelle were at the dance.) The next dance is in about three weeks. I think its a formal and I know Devon really wants to go. We'll see...



No comments: