May 9, 2007

Preparations...pt. 1




Today Michael and I spent a lot of time getting ready for the baby. One of the things I wanted to do was make a plan for the kids for after the baby is here and they need to keep occupied. So I organized the schoolroom a little more to make it easier for them to find stuff. I have tubs for playdoh, legos, lincoln logs, Polly Pockets,little people, Mr. potato head and building blocks. I have smaller containers for Ryans magnets, their crayons, markers, pattern blocks, etc. I love having things in separate containers. It makes cleanup so much easier. they just put one container away before getting the next one out.


I also made out a few weeks worth of menus and made grocery lists to go along with them. I dehydrated four pounds of strawberries for the kids to snack on. I am reorganizing my book lists on Librarything to make lesson planning a lot easier. Oh, that reminds me...yesterday we went to the Scholastic Book Warehouse sale and I had SO much fun!! We found so many books that I'll be using for history this year and quite a few books that we'll be using for science. If you're curious about which books we bought you can click on the Librarything link that's on my sidebar.


I know a lot more things were accomplished today but I'm tired and can't think of anything. I think I'll see if I can talk someone into going to the store and buying me a Hershey's bar with almonds. That will make me feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of your days are so very ambitious! Makes me want to take a nap. LOL