July 2, 2007

If You Are happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands, Stomp Your Feet, etc, etc...


This morning I bribed the kids. I put some paint, paper, marbles and a cookie sheet on the table and told them we'd do our next fantabulous craft as soon as the living room was cleaned up. Worked like a charm.

I traced each kids hand and foot (they have one of each you know) on a piece of white construction paper, flipped the paper over and put it on the cookie sheet. They each chose three colors of paint that I generously dropped onto the paper. I gave them a few marbles (the ones I THOUGHT I'd lost) and told them to go crazy. When the paint dried I cut out the hands and feet. Tomorrow we'll glue them on construction paper. Next June we'll do this again so they'll be able to see how much they've grown.

No comments: