August 4, 2007

Neighborhood Yard Sales ROCK!!



Today I got up early!! and went down to a community yard sale that was being held in the Walmart parking lot. I've been looking forward to this for quite a while. Michael and I got there around eight and were done looking by 8:45. I was so disappointed with the stuff that was there. Don't get me wrong, there was some nice stuff...just not what I was looking for. So we were heading home and ran across a yard sale a few blocks from our house. One of the people there told Michael about a yardsale over on * Street that was a whole neighborhood. So we headed over there to check it out. It was AWESOME!! It was like four blocks long on both sides of the street! I got a Queen sized quilt with two matching pillowcases for $10.00!! One house gave out grocery bags and said to fill it up for a dollar. I squeezed a lap quilt, a piece of cute fabric about 2 yards long and a brand new bag of crib sized quilt batting into it. SCORE!! I found some other things like hand embroidered napkins and tablecloths, some kids clothes that are in excellent condition and some more fabric. Michael found new speakers and some fancy hammer that he's really excited about. Oh, I also found a sheet set for Regan with flamingos on it. She loves flamingos.


No comments: