December 17, 2008

Timing Is Everything


The last month or so we have been having some serious problems with our modem. It just wasn't keeping us connected to the Internet. Every time it disconnected we would have to go unplug it and the receiver and do the whole rebooting dance which took at least half an hour. Half an hour of waiting for the little green lights to stop blinking. It was lots of fun.
So yesterday I headed up to exchange our dead modem for a new one. (Which is much prettier) After trying and trying to get everything installed correctly I ended up having to call the help line to get things going. It turned out that the new modem hadn't been registered to us before they handed it over. A little snag. Not a big deal. At least they hadn't given us a dud.
So now I have a fast connection. Life is good. Oh, and I woke up this morning to LOTS of snow. I don't drive in snow. So its a good thing I got the new modem yesterday instead of putting it off for today.

No comments: