September 15, 2009

September 15, 2009

The other day I was looking at my ipod and came to the sad, sad realization that I have never left the 80's/early 90's.
~
The music that my kids listen to today is like marshmallow fluff when compared to the soul baring Power Ballads of my youth. And being the home schooling Mother that I am I have decided to give my children a proper education and add a class entitled "Power Ballads" to our lesson plan. (This counts for our music credits)
~
When planning this class, the first thing I did was make a list (of course) of the 'Top Ten Power Ballads You Just Can't Go Through Life Without Knowing.' (that's the official title) Then I went to itunes and downloaded the songs I didn't already have. I loaded them onto Devons Ipod and Regans MP3 player. I have the girls listen to these songs every day while in the car.
~
In order for the kids to get full credit for this class they not only have to learn all the worlds to each of the ten songs, BUT they also need to put on a concert and sing one song each. (Dressing like the lead singer complete with big hair and spandex will get an automatic A+)
~
And for YOUR enjoyment I will be posting a video of said concert soon after its completion.
~
Here is the list of songs the girls are learning:
(Click on the song title to see the music video)
~
~
~
Missing You - John Waite
~
~
I Remember You - Skid Row
~
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
~
Heaven - Warrant
~
~
~
When I See You Smile - Bad English
~

4 comments:

thoughts to think said...

Um. Wow.
Incidentally, Tyson and I have been watching these very songs on youtube (along with many others of different variety) from our you.
Ahhh...the 80's!

thoughts to think said...

I meant from out youth not you!!

Heather said...

Now THAT'S a music class I would have paid attention in!

Chelsea said...

While I was searching Youtube for the videos, I had my speakers turned up and was singing along. Devon was covering her face and begging me to stop! What's wrong with that kid?